How do I join?
Club membership is open to all. The club has a large active membership, which is currently around 170. Most club members live in or around Edinburgh, but a small number are scattered throughout the rest of the UK and beyond.
To join, come along to the Thursday pub nights or email email@example.com for details about joining by post.
The current (2016/17) annual subscription rate is £30, with a concessionary rate of £20 for the unwaged. This covers the club year, which runs from October to September. For new members wishing to join after the 1st of July, there is a special rate of £35 for 15 months or £25 for the unwaged, from July until September of the following year.
- Priority over non-members when booking on to club meets.
- Free use of the club hut.
- The club has communal gear to hire for those who need it.
- As a member of the Jacobites you are entitled to receive exactly the same benefits as an individual member of the MCofS – for further details click here.
- Opportunities to buy discounted clothing and equipment through local shops including Tiso, Cotswolds and Nevisport.
- Club newsletter – sent to all club members approximately every two months.
- Club journal – all members receive and can contribute to the annual journal.
Members have access to the club gear. A list of mountaineering equipment available for members to borrow is online. A list of climbing guides and other books is also available here. To borrow any items, contact the Gear Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org. To get anything brought to the pub, ask for it by Wednesday at the latest. A £20 deposit is required.
AGM and committee meeting minutes, the constitution, child protection policy etc can be found here.