Notice of EGM - Thursday July 13th, 7.30 for 8 pm, Grange Club
Thursday 13th July 2017 7.30 for 8.00 pm, The Grange Cricket Club, Portgower Place, Stockbridge, Edinburgh EH4 1HQ
The Committee give notice that we will be holding an EGM to present work that we have been carrying out to resolve legacy issues with old accounts, and to put in place systems for successive committees that will greatly improve the financial management of the club. Proposals include a change to the financial accounting year - we are keen to implement this ahead of the AGM in September hence the calling of an EGM.
Light snacks and a paying bar will be available on the night from 7.30 pm, with the meeting starting at 8.00 pm – please note that the EGM evening will replace the usual Thursday evening at the Cumberland.
A link to the agenda, and papers for the meeting, will be provided nearer the time. A brief summary of the business to be covered is given below:
- Presentation of revised accounts for 2012-15 (with discrepancy eliminated), and remedial actions taken
- Adoption of revised accounts for 2012-15
- Proposal to set aside the decision made at 2016 AGM to write off the discrepancy
- Presentation of revised accounts for 2015-16 (with the end date corrected), and remedial actions taken
- Adoption of revised accounts for 2015-16
- Proposal to change the financial year to run 1 Aug – 31 July, and, as a consequence to operate a one-off 11 month accounting period for 2016-17.
- Proposal to require accounts with accruals information as well as cash-flow
- Proposal to change the Meets ballot time to 22.00